One word. One year. One challenge.
What are my hopes for this word? How would I like it to impact me?
- To be a catalyst for change
- To inspire me
- To keep me focused on moving forward
- To infuse all areas of my life
What words have made my short list? Below I have included each word with its meaning along with my reasoning.
- Intentional-made, given, or done with full awareness of what one is doing I want my actions to be purposeful, focused, and planned having a greater awareness of each moment.
- Moment-present time OR
- Present-pointing out or relating to the time right now Oftentimes I find myself scattered in many directions to the extent that I don’t make the most of each moment. I am grading papers and/or planning when I should be spending time with my family.
- Focused-having the mind fixed on something, not divided or scattered among several areas of interest or concern I’d like to be more focused on each moment, so I am able to get done what I need to get done in a timely and efficient fashion. That way I will have more time for my family.
- Consistency-agreement or logical coherence among parts OR
- Routine-a regular way of doing things in a particular order OR
- Deliberate-done or said in a way that is planned or intended, done or said on purpose I love to try new strategies, I hyper-focus when I am engaged, I struggle with keeping up with to dos, and I sometimes jump into the deep end before I am ready. I’d like to get to the point that my I can channel my energy in such a way that I can still maintain consistency in my routines and day to day activities.
- Prudence-wisdom in action, the ability to govern and discipline oneself by the use of reason For me, prudence could simply be replaced by “filtered.” I often do not think before I speak–I’m better than I used to be, but I still have a ways to go.
- Follow-through-the act of completing an action or process I’d like for my follow-through to be more timely, more consistent, and more widespread. I’d like for my follow through to extend from grading papers to family time.
Now I look at my list of words and wonder what one word has the potential to change my life the most. What one word will make a difference for work, home, and faith? What one word will work?
What one word will work best for me, and what one word will I work best?
STAY TUNED…Hopefully the answer comes to me soon.