I am okay with children and their grammatical issues, but my tolerance for adults is rather low.
Here are some things that really get to me:
- Good is an adjective; well is an adverb. You are not doing good unless you are feeding the homeless and doing good works.
- Every day is two words unless it’s used as an adjective. Open everyday is not correct! Everyday sale is correct.
- Affect is a verb (almost always); effect is a noun.
- ______ and I is not always correct–this only works in the nominative/subjective case. Objective case requires me. PBS Kids gets this wrong a lot.
- Bring and take. Yes, Virginia, there is a difference. Bring ____ to me. Take ____ away from me.